A new year calls for new and exciting experiences to put on our bucket list, as well as making time for those beloved traditions that we look forward to each year. Whether you are a local or a visitor, from near or afar, here are 22 ways to experience the best of Washington this year.
1. Viewing the one-of-a-kind exhibits of local artists at the Washington Art Association.
2. Browsing the latest best sellers at The Hickory Stick Bookshop.
3. Exploring Washington’s rich history with the Gunn Historical Museum‘s Cemetery Tour.
4. Celebrating Earth Day with the Washington Environmental Council’s initiatives.
5. Wine tours, tastings, and live music at Hopkins Vineyard.
6. Celebrating special occasions at the historic Mayflower Inn & Spa.
7. Pilobolus performances and community programs around town.
8. People watching from a table outside Marty’s Cafe.
9. Saturday morning Farmers Market at Judy Black Memorial Parks & Gardens.
10. Enjoying the famous PopTarts and a cappuccino at The Po Cafe.
11. Plein-air painting and exploring the grounds at Hollister House Garden.
12. A peaceful summer afternoon on Lake Waramaug.
13. Outdoor dining at Washington’s incredible restaurants and cafes.
14. A day filled with amazing culture, music, and performances at the SHAG Festival.
15. Embarking on the Three Peaks Challenge among Washington’s beautiful preserves.
16. A day of apple picking and cider donuts at Averill Farm.
17. The striking view from the Thoreau Bridge in the fall.
18. Yummy specialties, soups, and desserts from The Pantry.
19. The Harvest Festival’s Scarecrow Contest at the Riverwalk Pavilion.
20. Exploring our five villages in fall to witness the glorious foliage.
21. Window shopping in New Preston Village.
22. Festive light displays and holiday activities at Holiday in the Depot.