Each year ASAP! invites young writers grades K-12 to submit writing for its annual Celebration of Young Writers and to participate in this inspiring
Each year ASAP! invites young writers grades K-12 to submit writing for its annual Celebration of Young Writers and to participate in this inspiring literary project. Students will be given a chance to share their work and be published on the ASAP! website. A panel of judges will select exceptional pieces through a blind process where all names and schools are removed.
ASAP!’s top selected young writers from across the state will read their work a special outdoor event for their families on July 23 in Washington, CT. Leading up to this special event, they will work with coaches and rehearse from home in preparation for presenting their work alongside ASAP!’s Inter-District Strings students and the Waterbury Symphony Orchestra.
● Writings must be 400 words or less and may include: poetry, short story, short play, or an act from a play.
● Students in grades K-12 are eligible to submit.
● Only one entry is allowed per student.
● Teachers, parents, or students themselves may submit.
● All submissions must be made electronically by following the link below.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE APRIL 29, 2021
All Day (Thursday)
ASAP!860-868-9740 6 Bee Brook Rd. Washington Depot CT 06794