As part of the Gilmore Girls Fan Fest's "Gilmore Gathering" coming to Kent this September 27th - 29th, Washington will be welcoming fans to our town. On Saturday, September 28th,
As part of the Gilmore Girls Fan Fest’s “Gilmore Gathering” coming to Kent this September 27th – 29th, Washington will be welcoming fans to our town. On Saturday, September 28th, GG fans will enjoy a bus tour of Litchfield County with stops in places that inspired the show, like the Mayflower Inn and a trip to a local vineyard & winery. The bus tour will stop at The Depot and New Preston, with special activities for Gilmore Girls Fans throughout town!
Here are the details on the bus tour and local businesses and organizations that will be welcoming Gilmore Girls fans.
- Farmer’s Market at Judy Black Park
- Selfie stop off at the official “Doose’s Market” (Washington Food Market) with all of the episode favorites: cornstarch, Mallomars, Red Vines….also have coffee samples from Zero Prophet Coffee (a local Washington company) and apple cider donuts!
- Newbury Place will have a specialty coffee drink and shopping (including GG branded gifts)
- Judy Black Park will have a pop up knitting area with our own Stars Hollow Yarns
- Hickory Stick Bookshop will host a Rory giveaway
- Washington Supply will transform their window into Luke’s Diner for pictures – and reminiscing from the show
Food in the Depot
Washington Food Market
In New Preston, all the shops will be open for business and ready to welcome Gilmore Girl fans!
- DK Schulman 10% off (opens at 10:30)
- J Seitz 10% (opens at 10am)
- The Owl Wine Bar – special drinks (opens a 10:30)
- Pergola (opens at 10:30)
- The Smithy (opens at 10:00)
- 9 Main – hot cider special
Food in New Preston
Hopkins Vineyard is offering GG fans their own little Secret Bar! They’ll get to see the vineyard, taste some wines and sit down for a bit of GG Trivia. Of course, there will be prizes!
We’ll see you in Stars Hollow!
For more information about the Gilmore Girls Fan Fest in Kent September 27th – 29th and to order tickets, visit the GGFF website.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
6 Green Hill Road Washington Depot CT