- The Parish House was originally called the Hall on the Green and was owned by the Washington Hall and Conference Room Association.
- Its quaint architecture provides a glimpse into the simplicity of small town life in Colonial Connecticut.
- Visitors are more than welcome to attend any of the Church’s activities in the Parish House or can simply view it while walking on the green.
Located on the town’s green, the Judea Parish House was built in 1847. It served as a meeting hall, chapel, as well as library for the First Congregational Church of Washington. In 1927, it was officially deeded to the Church and renamed the Judea Parish House after the original name of Washington’s Church, the Parish of Judea. Today, the Parish House serves as the event space for all of the Church’s activities such as exercise classes, potluck suppers, and educational lectures.