ASAP!’s annual Celebration of Young Photographers provides students in grades 6-12 the opportunity to participate in a large scale professional art exhibition and juried
ASAP!’s annual Celebration of Young Photographers provides students in grades 6-12 the opportunity to participate in a large scale professional art exhibition and juried show. A panel of professional photographers selects 60 photos to be included in a unique exhibition. The top four photographers are recognized for their outstanding work and receive the Dylan’s Wings Photography Award and a special prize.
This event is FREE and open to the public and all photographs are available for purchase. We look forward each year to celebrating Connecticut’s talented photographers, providing creative opportunities, and helping to build a community of support around our emerging young artists. Submission information is announced each spring.
The theme for this year’s Celebration of Young Photographers is: Quarantined.
As you might imagine, our Quarantined theme was selected to inspire students to focus on images that represent their unique perspective on this unprecedented time in our world, and frame how they feel about the changes that have been forced upon them to experience. We hope students will use the summer to capture images of family, identity, politics, community, environment, landscape, friendship, or anything else that is relevant to them.
- Any type of camera can be used including traditional film cameras, pinhole cameras, phone cameras, etc. If using an iPhone or Smartphone, take the photo in HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Editing is allowed. Submit unedited images or use whatever tools you would like to add to the content, meaning, or impact of your image. If you do use editing tools please make note of them as you will be required to document them when you submit.
- Photos must be original high-resolution JPEG files and must be at least 3200-4000 pixels on the longest side to be considered.
- Up to two photographs per student may be submitted.
- Submit 1 or 2 sentences that depict your photograph(s).
ASAP! will allow for photo submissions on September 1st. The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2020. More details about submissions, prizes, and opportunities will be announced in the Fall. Enjoy your time this summer. We can’t wait to see the proof in your photographs!
All Day (Thursday)
ASAP!845-518-5859 6 Bee Brook Rd. Washington Depot CT 06794