ASAP!’s 17th Annual Celebration of Young Writers empowers students to share their love of writing with the world.
ASAP!’s 17th Annual Celebration of Young Writers empowers students to share their love of writing with the world. Public, private and homeschooled students from across Connecticut are invited to submit poetry and prose to our panel for the chance to work with an orator and read their piece in front of a live audience. Top selected works will be presented at the Spring Hill Arts Gathering (SHAG) Festival on Friday, June 17 2022, and shared through ASAP!’s website.
Celebration of Young Writers was inspired by ASAP!’s objective to foster children’s creativity and imagination in the literary arts. It was established with the help of Ellen and Frank McCourt, Ann and Denis Leary, and Susanna Salk.
This program is funded in part by The Maurice Sendak Foundation.
- Writings must be 400 words or less and may include: poetry, short story, short play, or an act from a play.
- Students in grades K-12 are eligible to submit.
- Only one entry is allowed per student.
- Teachers, parents, or students themselves may submit.
- All submissions must be made electronically by following the link below.
- Students must be available to read at Event on June 17 at Spring Hill Vineyard.
March 1st – April 8th, 2022
All Day (Friday)
ASAP!845-518-5859 6 Bee Brook Rd. Washington Depot CT 06794